Making a goal that works for YOU

Today I want to talk about with you all about how to set a goal that is both realistic and good for your mental and physical health. There's a few different strategies to doing this and everyone uses their own, but I figured I could share my favorites with you all today.

S.M.A.R.T. goals

  • S- Specific, what is it exactly that you want to do? ex: lose 15 pounds
  • M- Measurable, how will you know when you've reached it? ex: number of pounds or another unit of measurement
  • A- Attainable, is it a legit and reasonable goal? Are you going to be able to reach it without crazy measures?
  • R- Reward, what will you reward yourself with after you complete it? ex: buying that purse you've been putting off
  • T- Time, what time frame are you giving yourself to complete this?
I learned this goal method in my high school and college classes and it's truly helped change my perspectives on how to make goals that are both healthy for me and will benefit my self esteem once I reach them. It's important to not make them too easy for yourself. Don't do something that takes little to no effort. Choose something you will have to work hard for but you have high hopes and know its realistic. 

Some other ideas for when making goals that I have found are on Better Up or Very Well Mind. Both of these are sites based around mental health and building a strong confidence and healthy life style. Definitely recommend both. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts