Apps you can use to keep track of workouts

 A few popular apps I have used to keep track of my workouts include; My apple watch (holy grail), and before that "My Fitness Pal", and "Daily Workouts Fitness Trainer" . These all work for some and not for others. So I thought I'd go over them with you all. You can find more rated apps on this site, it gives pros and cons to each. 

Apple Fitness

I use this very often as it comes built in to every apple watch. It tracks steps, flights climbed, hours standing, and any exercises you log in the watch. The watch syncs to an app on your phone and can be easily reviewed. It gives you rewards and trophies for completing consistent goals and can be shared with friends who also have watches. I liked this because it was so easy to share with my friends and helped keep me accountable through reminders. Also I wear my watch every day so it really didn't have to make me remember to log things, it did it for me. There is also a paid subscription you can get to do live workouts with people all over the world and gain more resources and plans. 

My Fitness Pal

This app, similar to the watch, allows for you to track steps, workouts, calories burned (and eaten) and much more. It is free to use but lots of things on the app are locked without the premium subscription. It works fine without but if you're someone who wants to know about your macros consumed and other in depth information about your health patterns it would be beneficial to get the premium. One thing I really liked about this is it will allow you to log foods from popular restaurant menus in your food log. This comes in handy when eating out and you want to check how many calories you're eating and what could be negative about the meal. 

Comments

Popular Posts