Why is this important to me? Why should it be for you?

     Let me start by telling you a little about myself. My name is Madeline. I'm in college right now getting my associates in Business Management and Marketing at South Hills School of Business and Tech. I work full time and do pretty well balancing those two. Recently I decided I wanted to take control of my body and health. 

    Last year I was diagnosed with PCOS (I highly recommend you research it) , its a common condition with women and in my case my symptoms I have horrible menstrual cycles and weight fluctuation. This can be managed through consistent workout routines and birth controls, along with other things that don't really fit with me right now. Lately I've been going through some rough patches mentally and I decided I needed to make a change. (dying my hair like usual was not gonna happen again). 

    I got a membership to the YMCA near my house with my boyfriend and we made a pact to push each other to success. I'm finding a routine that works for me with trial and error, as the only time I have to workout is before school (meaning I wake up at 5:30 AM after getting home at almost 10PM every night). I personally feel very anxious when I have a step by step schedule of every workout the day entails. So my plan is to take each day based on what my body tells me. If my legs still hurt from a workout previously, I'll do arms or do some cardio to stretch my body out more. 

    My goal from this blog is to share my journey and hope I reach others who may be going through something similar, whether it's finding yourself or building a relationship with the gym one day at a time. Let me know if there is anything you guys want to hear me talk about!

Comments

Popular Posts