What to eat to maximize your workouts

     Your food is what fuels your body. Without proper nutrition and minerals your body will not function nearly as efficiently as it should. Every day I start with drinking warm tea to get my digestive system back in the loop. Warm drinks are known for increasing digestion and metabolism. I have a small snack before my workout just to wake me up and get rid of the morning grumbles. I usually then will eat a medium size breakfast, something volume filling like oatmeal with brown sugar or a breakfast sandwich.  

    Starting your day with something to fuel you is so vital to having enough energy to carry on the rest of your tasks for the day without being exhausted. I lack kitchen creativity not going to lie so I like to look up sites like THIS site or THIS to help me find motivation and give me a new favorite meal of the week. I use both of these for inspiration and help finding high volume foods to incorporate into my meal plans for the day.

I follow the high volume trend throughout the day. Eating things like rice and chicken or lots of vegetables. I follow the food pyramid that they taught us in school for the most part. Trying to get dairy or some sort of dairy substitute, all my protein and grains. Using small portions to not over fill myself, I wait a little and if I still feel genuinely hungry I get another small portion. This tactic helps me really know if I'm hungry or just feel like I should eat more. This has really benefitted my relationship with food and how much I eat at a time.

    I hope some of this helped you all. Let me know if there is anything else I can talk to y'all about or just share with you guys. Also a little sneak peak, my next blog will be on the topic of what type of workouts I find best to do on your first big day. Very excited!

Comments

Popular Posts