Make the First Workout Count!

     The first workout you do to some people could be a make or break point. I've found that if you start with something that'll really boost your ego that it will genuinely help you more than you think. For example, on the first day I got back into the gym I was feeling really anxious and nervous about starting or what people might think of me. So I decided that when I walked in I would do some leg workouts (I'm typically stronger there) the workout was hard but I knew I could do it so it made me feel more confident in the future workouts. If you still feel anxious I recommend finding a music playlist to go with your workout that you can really get into. I listen to podcasts when I work out because it helps me focus on something aside from my tiredness. My favorite at the moment is Chuckle Sandwich, they're some of the funniest guys ever I swear they made you burst out laughing anywhere.



    Now after saying that, this may not work for you but I always recommend it to people I know who are just beginning. Some other things I found to work were modifying a few of those "beginner workout plans" I would find on instagram or Pinterest. Some of them are pretty good on their own but finding a few things you wanna add or replace is no big deal. After all, you're working out to the standard you hold yourself to, no one else. One site I've found over time and came back to a few times is The Manual. It's actually a really solid site and gives you a lot of different categories of workouts to explore and even some recipes. Would highly recommend you check it out!

    I'm trying to be as relatable and open with you all as possible by the way. Being this open is so new for me and I just wanna know I'm doing good and helping someone out there. If there's anything I can talk about let me know in the comments.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts