Low Carb - Why It Works

I bet you're wondering what is low carb? I'm sure you have heard of thousands of diets and the ones associated with low carb are Keto, Paleo, and Atkins. 

So there are a few ways you can eat low carb:

Some people say 20 net carbs per day. Some people say 100 carbs per day and if you're like me you just don't count them. Yep, I said it, I don't count them. I choose to make good choices. I know what foods are low in carbs and which are higher than others. To me, I have a hard time being told "oh you can't eat this because you already went over your carbs for the day."

Why low carb works:

Low carb can work in several different ways. But the gist of low carb is that our body's fuel themselves on carbohydrates, by starving your body of carbohydrates your body is forced to fuel itself from fat. Thus, you burn fat more easily since you are using it to fuel your body.

Low Carb Friendly Foods:

  • Green Veggies
  • Stevia/Truvia
  • Meats/Fish
  • Cheese
  • Sugar Free drinks and sodas
Not Low Carb:
  • Potatoes
  • Rice
  • Bread
  • Sugar/Sweeteners
  • Candy


Comments

Popular Posts